Thursday, October 25, 2007

My Favorite Flowers

My favorite annuals!!!

My hobby is gardening and I love flowers so much, Perennials and annuals are my favorite to grow since they are easy to propagate through cutting production and they give more flowers compared to other ornamental plant. They come in different colors, some are red, violet, pink, white and other basic colors of an annual plant but some produces flowers in shocking colors like tangerine, bluish red and dark yellow and red that almost turns into maroon.

They grow in full sunlight but they prefer in a cooler climate because that's where their habitat fits in but there are plant enthusiast that bought flowers (annual type)in a colder climate and bring them into the lower elevation and put it in a full sunlight place, as a result, plant turn their leaves brown and begin to curl and starts to defoliate and turns to be a dead plant. Usually based on my experienced plants that grow in the higher elevation of land doesn't grow healthy in the lower elevation in hot climate but some survives but don't flower at all.

These are some of my favorite annual plants:







No comments: