Wednesday, February 27, 2008

75 percent quality mango in my mango production

I visit my mango farm in Mintal Davao City everyday. This time, I want to supply the right and good quality of mango for the buyers in the international market. I am hoping to get at least 75 percent quality mangoes of the total number of tons produced in my farm. Based in my own experiences in mango farming, it is not difficult to produce quality mangoes as long as you monitor your mango trees frequently. Pest and diseases are easy to manage because there are a lot of chemicals available in the market to fight against the unwanted sucking insects but if the climate does not favor during the full anthesis stage of the mango trees, that is really a big problem because there is a possibility that all flowers will not form into "Little Mangoes" and will result into a loss. I hope and pray that this time my mango trees will give us more fruit to cope up with the previous loses of the production cost.

2 comments:

cathara said...

i miss davao mangoes...:-( i came from davao.

Anonymous said...

Hi Noel. I am going to Davao soon, and I want to visit a mango farm. hopefully can harvest some fresh mango. Hope its harvest time for mango there. Maybe you can allow us to take a tour in your farm and take some pictures and taste the mango?
I will be visitiong davao in the last week of April 2010.

Please email me. mythuen@yahoo.com

thanks.
che