Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Is the songbird Regine Velasquez Moving to ABS-CBN?


Is 'Asia's Songbird' Regine Velasquez really moving to ABS-CBN now that her contract with GMA-7 has expired?If we believe earlier reports, she isn't doing any such thing because, according to the reports quoting Velasquez's current flame Ogie Alcasid, she can never bring herself to leave GMA-7 while he still has shows there (a weekend variety show and a gag show).But wait. Now Velasquez is saying that Alcasid never made such a statement.“Actually sinabi niya na hindi daw nanggaling sa kanya (Actually, he told me that he never made such a statement),” Velasquez told abs-cbnNews.com during a press conference for her coming lead role in an episode of ABS-CBN’s “Maalaala Mo Kaya", held at 9501 of ELJ’s Building inside the network’s compound Saturday afternoon.“He did not say that ‘Regine will not leave me.’ He just said that ‘I don’t think I should be talking about it’, that’s what I know,” she explained.Velasquez made said hat her beau is a very supportive person and will always be there to comfort her and make her happy no matter what her decision may be.“He will support me. Whatever decision I will make he will support me,” she said.Velasquez revealed that she received offers from both networks but hasn't made up her mind yet. She added that in making her decision, she will definitely consider Alcasid's feelings.“Kasi alam niyo siyempre iko-consider ko iyong feelings niya at saka iyong siya na hindi kami magkikita sa work iko-consider ko talaga iyon but still it’s my career, it’s my decision and he knows that.”(Of course I'll think about how he will feel and the possibility that we won't be seeing each other at work. But still it's my career, it's my decision and he knows that)Velasquez is starring in MMK for the second time. Her first was with hunk actor Piolo Pascual back in 2002. Her performance earned for her a Star Awards Best Actress recognition.This time, the singer/ actress will work with award-winning actor Albert Martinez and award-winning director Jeffrey Jeturian in a story about lovers being torn apart by their families.Watch Velasquez’s rare appearance in country’s longest running and most-awarded drama anthology “Maalaala Mo Kaya” this coming February 22 (Friday), after “Maging Sino Ka Man.”

No comments: