Saturday, February 9, 2008

Boy Abunda's Fears

Boy Abunda TV host

He may be the respected King of Talk but Boy Abunda admitted that like any other human being, he has fears and insecurities. He disclosed that he is scared of revealing himself."I’ve been emotionally naked a lot of times, and I didn’t like it," the famous host revealed.He earned his being the unprecedented celebrated talk-show host of his generation. And yet he remains humble. But even this accomplishment is insufficient to let off his guard."To display so much nakedness of emotions, may takot talaga ako."Tito Boy’s success is a result of hard work. As he puts it, he started from having nothing at all. Yet he was so driven that he got to where he is today. Up to the present, Tito Boy still has that same intensity that makes him want to excel in everything that he does.LoveLife"It’s a lot of struggle, though. Hindi madali. It was never easy. Kung nasaan man ako ngayon, OK na ko. But from where I am now, I want to move (forward)," he shared.For him, it is most dangerous when a person moves back, doing certain actions to ruin his life instead of working his way up.Growing up as gay in a conservative environment, Tito Boy had to endure a lot. As a child, Tito Boy’s intelligence has been viewed as his saving grace for his being gay."Without me knowing it, I was auditioning to be the best (in whatever I do). Parating tinatawaran ang kakayahan ko," he admitted. "All my life laging binibigyan ng paliwanag ang pagiging ako," referring to his sexual preference.Looking back, that "flaw" is Tito Boy’s greatest accolade. For without it, he will never be that highly respected showbiz personality that he is today."My being gay I treasure the most. I’m proud to be gay," he declared.He recently came out with an album titled "Love Life! Life Songs and Life Stories with Boy Abunda," which contains 10 popular and optimistic songs revived by famous singers such as Martin Nievera (Now And Forever), Kris Lawrence (Tears In Heaven), Charice Pempengco (Song For Mama), Erik Santos (It’s My Turn), Ogie Alcasid (You Changed My Life In A Moment) and more. It also contains inspiring and interesting conversations of Tito Boy with people that he loves, such as celebrities and his own mother.Celebrating love and life, "Love Life! Life Songs and Life Stories with Boy Abunda" is available in all record bars nationwide.

No comments: